SCHOOL OOTD+UPDATE ON ME

Hello Fashionistas,
Long time no post but here I am to share some exciting news on my lifestyle update and direction change for this blog. First I want to say, sorry for such a long time being away, so much new stuff happening and family matters things have been a bit crowded for the past few months FORGIVE ME for my long absence sharing, posting and chatting with all of my loyal readers.

UPDATE#1: LIFESTYLE

 So much has changed but a lot has just shifted slightly, Although I have only been blogging now for 3 years but I have always wanted to work in the fashion industry as a writter, intern, assistant, photoshoot stylist or social media intern so going to school has been my goal to obtain a degree and my dream fashion school of all time is and always will be FIDM: Fashion Institute Of Design & Merchandising. When I was a senior in high school my class of '06 went on a college field trip to FIDM and my favorite part was the Garment Museum with Star Wars movie costumes.

I enrolled in Los Angeles Trade Technical College and major in Fashion Merchandising to obtain my 2 year A.A degree I am interested in several different job titles in the fashion industry and my ultimate goal is to own/open my own clothing line comapny. The job titles I seek in the industry leading up to my own comapany is as follows: Photoshoot stylist, intern, assistant, fashion journalist, visuall communications and product development. I am very happy to be enrolled into school and look forward to what being a Fashion Merchandising major has in store for me.

Since I'm going to school for fashion you know there is a variety of styles and trends that my fellow classmates wear LOL I'm not the type to judge negatively on what or how someone expresses their fashion. A unique classmate wore a Lisa Simpson dress with big Spice Girl platform shoes and a colorful coat I thought it was AMAZING because she was rocking her style with no care of any critisizing eyes who may think some type of way about how she's dressed YOU GO GIRL FROM FM10 LOL. Been super active finding fashion jobs of all kinds LOL Linked In, Indeed and Fashionista have been my go to apps/website for job applications, no call or emails back yet but I'm keeping a positive mind I have faith that God will pull through for me on the job made for my talents and skills

SCHOOL OOTD
I haven't been posting or taking a lot of my ootd for school which is a little od for me LOL because I take mad excessive photos and damn good ones if I may so myself 😁 but I found one that Tony aka my hubby took of me and needed to share it with all of you. 

OOTD BREAKDOWN: We are in Spring season and it gets kind of cold so I layered a long sleeve graphic tee with my favorite/only blazer


 

Accessories: Pearl jewelry, black/white head wrap, skinny leather black belt
Sneakers: Black denim material 
My favorite part of this look is the blazer, the free spirit graphic in nice font style and my head wrap because it mixes urban and conservative together. I look for different ways to put together a look that  has three main fashion factors image, fit, season and with this look I felt comfortable, warm, cute and as if I was in a neutral zone style of dressing that day pairing a blazer with my headwrap. I sure love this look and I hope you ladies will to. 


My routine way to school is by Metro bus and I always listen to Pandora on my phone and here is a look into my radio station intrests include the following:

*Drake, Lil wayne, Nicki Minaj, Iggy Azalea, Miley Cyrus, Loa Monroe, T Mills, Avril Lavigne, The Weekend, Alica Keys, Fergie, Lykke Li, Skrillix, Foster the people, Major Lazers, Rihanna, Sade, Lauryn Hill, J cole, Blink 182, Wiz Kahlifa and Lana Del Rey. 

 BEHIND THE SCENES UPDATES
I am looking into purchasing a domain name and web hosting to remodel how my blog looks/works. So that had me thinking about the direction I want The World Of A Fashionista to elevate to, I seek to create, own, operate my own clothing line as my ultimate fashion goal. I also started to re-evaluate my whole business structure, mission statement, product development, visual display of styles/trends, needed equipment. I have been researching a lot about how to start a clothing line, start up costs/equipment, legal documents/licenses, how to promote and funding choices; I want to design and manufacture my own clothes, head wraps, body products, perfume. 

I'm in the process of putting a Kickstarter campaign for my future clothing company and I'm very excited to share that with all my fashionistas because I am passionate about fashion and making a impact on the industry with my talent/skill and that will be a blessing. I will continue to update you on the status of my big bussiness/visual display remodeling project and let you all know when I will be making the move, because I want you to continue coming back for our fashion OOTD reveals, music playlists, product hauls, outfit posts and lovely written content.

I'm going to invest in a good quality digital camera, tripod, selfie stick and equipment bag, so I can take better photos, improve photo quality, update indoor/outdoor photos and keep laptop/iPad with me when doing photos so I can upload photo rolls.

LAST UPDATE: WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM FASHION SO FAR

The apparel business is rewarding as long as you know exactly what your plan is for your company and who your audience is for potential customers. Fashion is a growing industry and has a lot of space for advancement in companies you work for and for you on a personal level to become a fashion company owner. 
I take three fashion cources this semester as follows: retail merchandising, fashion promotion, apparel production  
I have done assignments on the following: customer/company profile, positioning statement, consumer markets, fashion market, research/planning, fashion forecasting, crowdsourcing/crowdfunding, product development process, fabric trim and sewing sources. 

I really enjoy what we do in class and realized that all of these assignments can be used in my fashion porfolio and viewed with my resume for potential job offers. I will be sure to include detailed information on each item in my portfolio with labels if needed, don't leave out main stuff. Recently in Apparel Production we are now in the sketch portion of class and we have to pick a company to use for assignments, I chose to use Lola Shoetique and create my views of what the company is about. Here is a photo of one of my most current turned in assignments 
 

This was a Polyvore collage on a trend of your choice on the company used on a previous assignment and had to have specific details, accessories, name the trend/season. This was a fun asignment but my first fun assignment was my inspiration board done based on BCBG MAXAZRIA and this is what my board looked like



My trend  name is do what comes naturally flaunt your best and that means dress up and show off high quality clothing and got my color pallette from Home Depot and everything else was provided by my teacher and here is the activity that had to be done before the boards were finished



I hope you enjoyed this post and if you havd anything  to say, ask or want to share with me drop comments bellow and feel free to contact me directly if you like,  My contact us/about me has been rewritten. I hope this post was like my assignemt inspiration LOL anyway I help anyone please feel free to share statements or photos down below or on my personal platforms of your choice. Stay blessed and keep God first ALWAYS.

#SlayMaster #StylenistaSquad #FashionMerchandisingMajor #FollowingMyDreams

PINKBARBIE THE FASHIONISTA 💕

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DATE NIGHT OOTD: KATE SPADE EDITION

Dresses, Dresses & More Dress: Profile #1

VALENTINES DAY OOTD