BLACK HISTORY MONTH SPOTLIGHT DAY 7

 Hello Fashionistas,

I don't like that work got in my way of me finishing my daily black history month spotlight series posts so I have extended it until March 5th to give me time to catch up with everything that I had planned out. As I was researching black owned businesses in my area I came up with yet another idea to highlight some black owned brands by women I've had the pleasure of meeting some in person and others virtually, but they are equally as impactful and empowering. So with that said, let's get into today's empowering black owned business owners who I believe deserve to be spotlighted and I was given the opportunity to ask them their insight on being an entrepreneur and business woman. 

BLACK OWNED BUSINESSES IN THE SPOTLIGHT

LESLIE MONIQ 
shoplesliemoniq.com  Be sure to follow Leslie on IG @lesliemoniq and her business @shoplesliemoniq

Founded by Leslie Henry this is a luxurious lip cosmetic line and in my interview with her I got to know more about her and her business. I like that although she has a cosmetic business that she can still look like a model while doing it LOL, as seen in the photo above she can model her ass off and to me a successful woman is multifaceted.  

Me: I'm sure everyday is different, but is there one thing you do that helps you maintain a routine?

Leslie: Writing down a to-do list. Writing a list helps me stay on task and motivated to be honest. If  I do not write out what I need to do; I will be all over the place.

Me: What one major thing about your brand makes you the most proud to be the owner?

Leslie: Seeing the customers reviews about how they love the products but mainly them telling me how I made them feel with the personalized notes that they receive with their package. Knowing that I made them feel special and gave them an experience is important.

Me: Is there anything you would like to share that you believe people need to know about you and your business? 

Leslie: . A few years after graduating from Jackson State University, I packed my car and drove to Los Angeles. To be honest, I had no idea how I would succeed, but I had confidence in myself that something great would come from this decision. I began working with a very prestigious modeling company in downtown Los Angeles. While receiving so much inspiration from my peers, I decided to start my own business, Within this past year, I launched LeslieMoniq, which is a luxurious lip cosmetic line designed specifically to promote self-love and a positive self-image to many women around the world.


PITRE CO 
www.pitreessentials.com  Be sure to follow Kersti on IG @kersti.pitre and her business @pitre.co

Founded by Kersti Pitre is a natural hair care business (in California) which is amazing because of course anything made from natural ingredients is worth giving a try, because it's packed with everything you need. I'm definitely going to buy some items. I had the pleasure of getting to ask her some questions and was happy to see how excited she was to be able to share her thoughts about being a boss of her dreams and business.

Me: When did you first know you wanted to be an entrepreneur and what was the point that really made you for it?

Kersti: I knew I wanted to be an entrepreneur about a year or two after starting my YouTube channel. On my channel I inform and inspire others to braid their own hair. I had already known from the moment I had my first job at 17 that I wanted to be the boss of something. Didn't know if it was going to be my own business or someone else's but I knew I wanted to be the boss lol.

Me: Who has been your greatest inspiration? And why?

Kersti: I honestly have so many inspirational people in my life it's hard to just pick one. There are attributes to business women and men I follow on IG that inspire me, there are attributes in the brothers and sisters at my church that inspire me as well. I feel that the way I grew up is what has inspired me the most to go for my dreams. The desire for my child to have a better life than I did outweighs any excuse I can give as to why I wont chase my goals.

Me: Is there anything you would like to share that you believe people need to know about you and your business? 

Kersti: Pitre Co products are designed to encourage our youth about the importance of self care through their hair. We have a range of handmade products, hair tools and more available to all hair types, hair textures, hair lengths. Our mission is to provide high quality natural hair care products to the black community and instill confidence in their self care abilities.





Queening Wingz 
Be sure to follow Princess on IG/FB @ms_swagged_out and her business @queeningwingz 
(Las Vegas)

Founded by Princess Perkins and yes you guessed it her business is selling chicken wings and I can hardly wait to try some for the first time. Something that I really like about her wing business is that she offers wet chicken wings in flavors that are so mouth watering even as I type this post together LOL. 

Me: How is running a successful business different then what you thought it would be?

Princess: You will need to have a lot of patience. Also when family and friends don't support your business you can't let that get in your way and you have to keep pushing. 

Me: How do you best network? 

Princess: I best network on Facebook and Instagram, both are @queeningwingz

Something that's inspirational and relatable about all of these inspirational women is that they are all Mother's and not only that these ladies are thriving in their business to provide a better life for their families which just happens to be one of my core beliefs. I'm honored that these ladies agreed to be apart of my blog series and I definitely look forward to seeing all of the amazing things they will do with their businesses and hope to have the opportunity to catch up again with an update post (hopefully that can happen some day in the future). 

Thank you so much for continuing to follow my fashion and lifestyle journey. New content will be coming soon to wrap up this lovely series that I've been having so much fun doing this month and I will continue to find ways to do more articles/posts like these ones. Definitely shop Black and check out the websites of those mentioned in this post, because I know you won't be disappointed. Stay blessed and keep God first ladies.

#BlackHistoryMonth #EmpoweringIndividuals #FashionistaSquad #StylenistaSquad

FASHIONISTA CHRYSTAL 💋💕

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DATE NIGHT OOTD: KATE SPADE EDITION

Dresses, Dresses & More Dress: Profile #1

VALENTINES DAY OOTD