BET HIP HOP AWARDS RED CARPET 2018

Hello Fashionistas,

The BET Hip Hop awards aired October 16th in Miami and it was filled with lots of hip hop’s greatest artists, although there wasn’t many red carpet pictures that I was able to find online for some odd reason, but I did get some that I liked. The award show was hosted by comedian Deray Davis, he’s funny and I was staisfied with how he handled being the host for the night his parody on Kanye and Lil Pump was super funny and a great way to start out the show.

RED CARPET FASHIONS

Raquel Harper

I think she looks amazing, she was not there for TMZ but was there to represent the premire of her new tv show Raq rants airing on BET, but I’m unsure when the late night show will air it’s first episode. I like her on TMZ so I’m looking forward to watching her upcoming show. Love it




Young Miami
I have no idea who she is #NoShade but she looks great in this asymmetrical dress and I love the detail, embellishments and fringe style. You go girl




AWARD WINNERS 

I Am Hip Hop Icon award: Lil Wayne



He is such a legandary artist and always puts out great albums and I am so happy he  has finally reveieved this important award in the industry. His music is mind blowing to me because he talks about real life situations that many don’t know or talk about so openly and I commend him for opening his life up like a book and pouring it into his music the way he does in every album. 
When Lil Wayne came onto the stage he shared his own reasons for being happy to reciebe this award in the company of other artists who look up to him and respect him along side his Mother, Wayne said “This award right here I must give it to the people who refuse” he was referencing fans, other artists and family members who stuck by his side during his beef with Cash Money.
He also talked about his attempted suicide when he was a kid and Uncle Bob who is the man who rushed him to the hospital after it occured.

Best new artist award: XXXTentacion




Following his unfortunate tragic death this past June his mother Cleopatra accepted the award on hisbehalf, she was accomanied by both his manager and producer on stage, it was a bitter sweet moment but it was well deserved that young man was super talented. During her acceptance speech Cleopatrad said “I want to thank his fans for their undying support, Jah this is for you baby”.

Hot ticket performer award: Drake

Everybody loves Drake who does give great performances and his music is catchy, dance worthy, relatable, and vulberable. I’ve been a fan of his since he first became an artist and will always be a fan.

Lyricist award: Kendrick Lamar

Well deserved, he is one of the best lyrical genius’s of my generation and its refreshing that he gives back to his community (Compton). Since he became an artist his music trends on all playforms so I wasn’t surprised he won.

For some reason a few other pictures I have wouldnt upload so I’m unable to post them and that makes me kinda sad/irritated af, but other fashions I liked were:

Stefflon Don: In a shimmering gold fringe dress

TI and Tameka Harris: They both have incrdible fashion since so I wasn’t surprised they were stylish and daper. I was unaware they got back together so I’m happy to see they worked things out, because
 I really look up to their marriage as far as famous couples are concerned and was sad/mad af they seperated, so congrats to them

Black China: In a damn near naked designed dress which isn’t at all surprising since she’s known to wear things similar to this #NoShade #JustFacts. I really like the attention to detail on the designs and the style is cute to. You go girl

 I didn’t tune in because honestly I wanted to see Nicki Minaj and rumors were she didn’t show up so I just decided not to watch it. I did go back and watch a view clips though and it seemed to be a great show, another for the record books. Some say that they over played the trailer for the upcoming show Brooklyn Hustle and watching clips they sure did over do it and even though I already wasn’t gonna watch the show now it makes me happy I boycotted in the first place LOL.

Cardi B’s performance seemed to be a little forced after people shaming her about having no stage presence and of course we all know she loves to twerk showing off her ass, tongue and leg tattoo but girl break the cycle Mom’s have no business acting that way at all be a woman about your shit and change the way you present yourself in public ! It’s ok to be a little freaky in bed with your husband but not on stage it’s not a good look #AllShade  #AllOffense.

Somethig else that made me mad af was the XXTentacion diss that Vic Mensa did in his cypher it was rude, disrespectful and childish to say the least. Cleopatra had to be mortified when she realized what was said about her son who passed away only 4 months ago. It’s sad to see people mock or disrespect someone who is no longer with us whether that person passed of natural causes or was murdered it’s not a joke and should never be a topic of discussion in that manner no matter if your rich or from the projects DONT DISRESPECT THOSE WHO HAVE PASSED AWAY.
It’s it’s that type of shit that makes me disappointed in both the world we live in and the generations of people upcoming or valid in the celebrity world, don’t they think our black culture gets enough hate and disrespect from other races? Stop shaming the culture, breaking it down use your voice to uplift it and give it a better image, I’m sure you were raised better then that.

Thank you so much for reading, it’s super late at night so I’m going to bed.

#RedCarpetLooks #BETHipHopAwards #RespectTheCulture #FashionistaSquad #StylenistaSquad
FASHIONISTA CHRYSTAL 💋💕


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DATE NIGHT OOTD: KATE SPADE EDITION

Dresses, Dresses & More Dress: Profile #1

VALENTINES DAY OOTD