ARTWORK INTO FASHION

Hello Fashionistas,

I love classic and vintage designs with a modern day twist on the style, besides whenever someone can turn any artwork into fashion is always a great thing if you know what your doing, Something that I really don't share with many people is that I like art such as paintings, drawings and sculptures, but it doesn't matter if it's a new or more advanced artist if it's unique and one of a kind count me in.
So last night we went to Medevil times and today I am going to talk about the matching jackets that I wore with my Husband, but the clothing store doesn't have anymore of these jackets for sale since I bought the last one πŸ˜πŸ’―  and they only had a certain amount in stock, These jackets were limited edition and showcases the art work from a popular 80's artist's named Jean-Michel Basquiat.
The artwork printed on our bomber jackets is from one of his paintings called The Philistines made in 1982, , Philistine means somone who is unreceptive towards culture and the arts all while having biblical refrences which was no surprise.
Basquiat's art represented wealth vs poverty, intregation vs segregation, and inner vs outter experience. He used his interrst poetry, drawing, painting, images, text and historical information in a contempary style for all of his art work. What I love the most about this jacket is how colorful the art work is and it's reversable it has two ways it can be worn, I have pictures of both sides so you can see what it looks like and how much I'm in love with this bomber jacket ! Stay tuned to see other ways I will style it. This was the first time in awhile that me and mt Husband wore matching anything together so I was super happy he agreed to do this with these very cool classic art work.

 


The front of the jacket on both sides

 


The back of the jacket on both sides

 

It's a very warm jacket, the fabric is soft to the touch and it gets a lot of attention, a lady sitting at our table when we were at Medevil Times commented "Those are some pretty cool jackets" it made me happy and smile. I love playing with fashion and I have a high appreciation of art because it's self expressive and meaningful to so many people who enjoy it as much as I do or even more. I'm a 80's baby so when I found out the art work was from earlier that year I was beyond excited, because I've been seeking a piece of fashion from my own era so it's amazing for us to have these at all. Thank you for reading and following my journey I enjoy sharing my life/fashion with all of you, I'm working on putting a few things together for the rest of December but if not then I will carry it into my dirthday month January. I would love to hear your feedback or if you just want to say click the contact me page where you will find different ways you can reach me. Keep God first and stay blessed.

 #80'sArtWork #MatchingJackets # #SwaggedOutCouple #FashionistaSquad #StylenistaSquad

FASHIONISTA CHRYSTAL πŸ’‹πŸ’•



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DATE NIGHT OOTD: KATE SPADE EDITION

Dresses, Dresses & More Dress: Profile #1

VALENTINES DAY OOTD