MTV VMAS RED CARPET 2019

Hello Fashionistas!,

On August 26th the VMAS was amazing from the red carpet best dressed, performances and award winners I enjoyed it a lot. So this year the award show was held at Prudential Center in Newark New Jersey which was the first time the VMAS was ever hosted at that location and was hosted by Sebastian Maniscalco. I liked the set up of the stage outside along the red carpet that artists also performed on before the actual show began, it was very enjoyable to watch considering I haven't watched a entire award show to the end in a few years, because I typically only watch the fashion.

MY RED CARPET BEST DRESSED

1. H.E.R
I love her floral print and the hunter green combonation with the wide leg trend. She bold af wearing that snake on her neck though LOL because they are one animal I'm terrified of.
2. Keke Palmer
Her gown is amazing! I love the length, the v neck underneath is a great look. She worked the runway on her 26th birthday so happy belated birthday girl !. That old school glammed out phone was super cool and cute addition to her look.
               



3. Normani
I love all glittery sequins and the high split and the cut out style is amazing. I’ve not heard any of her music before the show but I love her style.
     

4. Meg Thee Stallion
She is giving me Destiny’s Child vibes in this look, all the shining studs everywhere and I love that the whole set matches from head to toe. Girl those boots are killer ! I love them.   

        
     
  
5. Donna from Black Ink Crew
She has always had bomb ass style, so she looks amazing in this jumpsuit. Again I love the glittery shine bright diamonds trend on the jumpsuit and her pumps. I love the color and the fact that her hair matches is cute.
    


6. Juju from Love & Hip Hop
Jumpsuits is a trend on this red carpet. I love the deep v neck paired with the 80’s puffy shoulders. 
              

7. Tiffany Panhilason
Again I love the deep v neck trend with the puffed shoulders on the sleeves and the high split is super cute. 
              

8. Serena Kerrigan
I love the cutout at the top, the metallic color and her high split. The belt at the waist gives me 80’s vibes and I love it !.
             

9. Haile Steinfeld
This mesh red double high split is very sexy and cute. She definitely took a fashion risk and for that girl I πŸ‘πŸ½ you LOL.
            

10. Nicole aka Snooki from Jersey Shore
Loving the crop top with multicolors and sequins, very simple yet cute af. I love her transformation from messy to classy #NoShade
           

11. Jennifer aka JWoww from Jersey Shore
Loving the one shoulder ruffles and split. I love her transformation from rowdy to classy #NoShade
          

12. Justina Valentine from Wild N Out
I love the colorful words and apparently she’s nasty LOL but I’m sure it’s a joke, because she does comedy. I love that she sticks to her bright red hair it looks good on her and she looks nice in her jumpsuit.
         

MY FAVORITE PERFORMANCES 

Taylor Swift performed you need to calm down and lover from her newly released album Lover. I loved it because I was happy to see her back on stage and she opened up the show.

Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabelo performed their song senorita live for the first time ever and it was a cute sexy couple’s performance that everyone was hoping they would kiss on stage. Especially Sofia Turner who was hoping around yelling for the kiss to happen.

Lizzo performed truth hurts and good as hell, I’ve seen her music trending but never heard any of it until the VMAS and I admit she’s amazing ! I loved her performance she conquered that stage.

Missy  Elliot performed her new song throw it back first then, six of her many many hits that makes her a female Hip Hop legend, the rain (supa dupa fly), hot boyz, get your freak on, work it, pass that dutch and lose control. She had everyone dancing in the audience and singing along like they were at home watching. 
   
Miley Cyrus performed her newly released song called slide away, it was a beautiful performance and people assume she was taking shots at her soon to be ex husband Liam Hemsworth, which I agree  with to a certain extent due to some of the lyrics but I loved the song. 

Normani performed motivation and I loved everything about it! The outfits and her stage set up was amazing, I’ve always loved playing basketball since I was a kid so I  enjoyed that a lot. 

The last performances were by Ice T rapped a snippet before he introduced Naughty By Nature, Redman, Wyclef Jean, Queen Latifah, and Fetty Wap. I enjoyed it because some of the songs I knew and it brought me 80’s vibes which I love being a 80’s baby myself. 

AWARD WINNERS OF THE NIGHT

Missy Elliot won Micheal Jackson Vanguard award πŸ‘πŸ½

1. Taylor swift won video of the year and video for good for you need to calm down 

2. Cardi B won artist of the year and best Hip Hop for her song money

3. Little Nas X won song of the year for old town road

4. Billie Eilish won best new artist and push artist of the year. Best editing for her song bad guy

5. Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabelo won best collaboration  

6. Jonas Brothers won best pop

7. Normani won best R&B for her song waves featuring 6lack

8. Rosalia & J Balvin won best latin for con altura 

9. The chainsmokers won best dance for call you mine

10. Panic at the disco won best rock for high hopes

11. John Richoux won best art direction for the music video 7 rings

12. Ariana Grande won song of the summer for social house and boyfriend 

BEST AND WORST MOMENTS

BEST: Taylor Swift has turned into a LGBTQ activist which is a great thing in the fight for equal rights for people of that group so it was refreshing to see her putting herself out there like that. The most awesome part was when she pulled out her guitar to perform an acoustic version of Lover. 

BEST: Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabelo performing live together for the first time ever ! Was so cute, sweet, sexy in a PG 13 type of way LOL. But nobody wanted them to kiss more then Sophie Turner it was so cute watching her become more and more eager for them to kiss since everyone in the audience was hoping it would happen.  

BEST: Lizzo is new to me when it comes to her music, but hearing her “You deserve to feel good as hell speech. She lit up the stage with BBW realness, she had everyone up on their feet jamming to her electrifying stage presence. That bedazzled bottle of Patron was cute LOL I don’t drink hard liquor but wouldn’t mind filling it up with some wine. 

WORST: Little Nas X performs panini which is a decent song, but he has no rhythm at all ! The boy can’t dance for shit but his dancers were great. 

IDK WHAT TO SAY: J Balvin & Bad bunny the song was good even though I couldn’t translate what they were saying, but those costumes were something straight out of Mario Bros LOL. 

BEST: Rosalia again couldn’t translate the lyrics, but she looked great during her performances. I loved her hair ! Those edges were so on fleek I was secretly jealous mine never look that fucking good πŸ’―. 

I really enjoyed the show and since not watching any for so long, but I’m happy that I decided to watch it this time. I hope you enjoyed my post, thank you for reading and following my journey it means a lot to know that you ladies my fashion dolls ! Enjoy my blog.

#FashionistaSquad #StylenistaSquad #VMASRedCarpet #PowerfulMessages 

FASHIONISTA CHRYSTAL πŸ’‹πŸ’• 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DATE NIGHT OOTD: KATE SPADE EDITION

Dresses, Dresses & More Dress: Profile #1

VALENTINES DAY OOTD