BLACK HISTORY MONTH SPOTLIGHT DAY #4

 Hello Fashionista,


Today I want to talk about someone else who inspired me to be fearless and stand up for what I believe in. When your a kid your parent's always tell you "You can be anything you want in life" and for some that may be instant truth, but there are kids that believe they wont become who they dream about when they grow up. But there are inspirational people out there that make their dreams come true despite the odds and are role models for the weary hearted dreamers who just need a little inspiration to get them to start. 

                                                       EMPOWERMENT SPOTLIGHT

 Michelle Obama 

Our former first lady was one of the most inspirational to ever grace the White House and she was a true fashion icon, and supported American designers. Obama running for the presidential election in 2008 was historical because we finally had our very first African American president. 

As, first lady, Michelle served as a role model for women and worked as an advocate for poverty awareness, educations, nutrition, physical activity and healthy eating. Mrs. Obama has also graced the cover of a lot of top magazines, and even interviewed Amanda Gorman for TIME magazine. 

What was the most inspirational about Michelle was that she didn't just sit around the white house and let her Husband tackle all the big issues alone, she took a leap of faith by joining in on the causes that she related to the most. I love that she was so down to earth, fun and open minded, she really made being the first lady look like it was one of the most enjoyable job in the world. It was also I relief to finally have African Americans representing our culture in the most powerful position in politics and was like a dream come true, because so many said that it was impossible for Obama to win due to his ethnicity that became center of may smear campaigns created by his republican opponents against him. 


She wrote books, but this one was my favorite and I've read some of it from a friends book, but this is definitely the next book that I'm going to purchase for my collection. I'm eager to dig deeper into this book and find out more about Michelle and the way she thinks, because she's so intelligent and has positive views on many important topics.

 

These are my favorite magazine covers of Michelle and her style in these photos are freaking amazing. 

 

She's loves being active and keeping herself in shape. Dancing was just one of her many hidden talents that she was comfortable showing the world regardless of being our first lady. I remember her favorite song was a Little John song called turn down for what and she did a little video to it LOL she is truly remarkable.

 

Again my daughters have an amazingly inspirational woman to look up to in the world and I will be sure to teach my 6 year old Daughter who she was and all her amazing accomplishments both as our first lady and while she was just Michelle from Philly. 

 

Mr. and Mrs. Obama also attended Joe Biden's inauguration Jan 20, 2021 and of course she served us with the fashion. I love the color choice and the belt the most, omg I expected nothing less from her and she still looks amazing. Michelle also campaigned for the Biden campaign during the 2020 election and I wasn't shocked at all that she would stand up and speak out, because she was familiar with his work and all of his views  in politics. 

Thank you for reading this and I hope you've enjoyed my black history month series as much as I have, because we are in this for the long haul all February long and I've got some interesting stories coming for all of my next spotlight recipients. Keep God first and stay blessed ladies.


#BlackHistoryMonth #EmpoweringIndivduals #FirstLadyObama

FASHIONISTA CHRYSTAL  💋💕 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DATE NIGHT OOTD: KATE SPADE EDITION

Dresses, Dresses & More Dress: Profile #1

VALENTINES DAY OOTD