BLACK HISTORY MONTH SPOTLIGHT DAY 5

 Hello Fashionistas, 


I've been so sleepy after work these past few days I needed to focus on sleeping, but today I'm back to my Black History Month series and as always I have an empowering woman to talk about that has inspired me for a good portion of my childhood athlete. I've always talked about how active I want to be, but rarely share how active I always use to be and like I did in my post about Kobe Bryant today's spotlight is sports related. #TrueAthletes #WomenInSports #StrengthInConfidence


                                                     EMPOWERMENT SPOTLIGHT

 Serena Williams  

As an African American athlete in tennis she has faced racial and gender barriers throughout her career, but she didn't let that out shine her athletic abilities or crush her spirits of being the best in women's tennis. She also has faced criticism for her body image and has embraced who she is unbothered by what anybody has to say about her or the way she looks. Her career speaks for itself. 
 
 



Despite the odds against her Serena has become an advocate for gender pay gaps and racial equality. Something that's inspiring about her is her level of humbleness, she hasn't forgotten where she came from because she came from struggle and gave back to her community in the city of Compton CA. 
 


Serena launched her clothing line March 2018 after she won her grand slam title and it was a sexy yet conservative styles and looks, but they make a statement. I looked through the website and let me tell you ladies these outfits are AMAZING, you definitely should check them out and purchase something.


My personal inspirational story about Serena Williams

I started playing sports at a young age, but before I became an athlete my Parent's were also active athletes themselves. My Mom was an amazing tennis player, it was an honor to watch her glide across the tennis court like she had roller skates on and it was what fueled my desire to be a great athlete. 

I grew up watching Serena playing tennis with my Mom, she always had the matches playing when she was home to watch them. I was a witness to the racial microaggressions she had to face in order for her to have a successful tennis career and it definitely wasn't fair that she had to deal with being racial attacked for her greatness. 

Watching her career unfold inspired me to never give up in sports and to push on when my opponents presented me with a challenge. When I first started playing basketball the team was unisex so the girls were always compared to the boys on the team, which was what made me and my fellow girl team mates push even harder, we to had to break gender barriers and we did an amazing job proving that we could stay ten steps ahead of the boys on the court.

Thank you for coming back and reading this series, I will do my best to catch up with the days I missed. Stay inspired and don't give up ladies, go for your dreams and invest in yourself you will love your transformation. Keep God first and stay blessed ladies.


                #BlackHistoryMonth  #EmpoweringIindividuals  #FashionistaSquad #StrongWomenInspire 


                                                     FASHIONISTA CHRYSTAL 💋💕

Comments

  1. I enjoyed reading this article very much,Serena did break barriers especially being a black woman athlete. I'm going to check out her clothing line....I was impressed with the barriers that you broke also I'm sure that wasn't easy being on a coed basketball team. Black history affects all aspects of Americans lives.....thanks for the in sight on Serena....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DATE NIGHT OOTD: KATE SPADE EDITION

Dresses, Dresses & More Dress: Profile #1

VALENTINES DAY OOTD